Spondylosis Treatment in Hyderabad
Dr Surya Prakash is the leading spine surgeon providing the best treatment for spondylosis in Hyderabad. With extensive experience in the field of spine surgeries, Dr Surya Prakash always most sought after and best treatment for cervical spondylosis in Hyderabad. He offers the utmost care and physical therapy assistants and supports you throughout the treatment process.
Dr Surya Prakash provides world class and advanced surgical treatments for patients suffering from diseases of the spine and neck. He uses state-of-the-art technology, modern techniques, and advanced therapies to restore the stability as well as mobility of affected discs, and vertebrae in the spine.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr Surya Prakash to get started today.
What is Spondylosis?
Spondylosis or spondylitis refers to undergoing an age-related degeneration in the back. It is a degenerative disease that can impair the vertebrae, discs, and ligaments in the neck or cervical spine. It mostly occurs due to wear and tear of the cervical spine or back injury.
The changes in the vertebrae, discs, and ligaments gradually take place as you age, and mostly occurs in middle-aged and older adults. It leads to pain and other problems, which are treatable. In severe cases, it often leads to disability.
Symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis
The symptoms of cervical spondylosis include:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck, shoulder, or arms
- Headache originating in the neck
- Inability to bend or turn your neck or head
- Grinding noise while turning your head
- Tingling, numbness, and weakness in your neck and arms
- Abnormal reflexes and muscle spasms
Causes of Cervical Spondylosis
Cervical spondylosis mostly occurs due to wear and tear of bones and ligaments in the neck and spine. The other causes of cervical spondylosis include:
- Bone spurs or growth of extra bones
- Dehydrated spinal discs or dry out spinal discs
- Herniated discs
- Injury to your neck
- Ligament stiffness
- Overuse or wear and tear
Diagnosis and Testing
During your appointment, Dr Surya Prakash will ask you about your symptoms, when they have begun and how long they stay. He will also have a glance at your medical history, and conduct a physical exam to test the reflexes, strength, and loss of sensation in your neck, back, and shoulders.
If he feels necessary, he may order fewer imaging tests such as X-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Myelography, and Electromyography which can produce a better image of your spine and body. Once the diagnosis is confirmed, Dr Surya Prakash will determine the appropriate treatment plan.
Surgery for Cervical Spondylosis
Surgery for cervical spondylosis is recommended when the pain tends to be longterm and progressive. The surgery is performed when your condition doesn’t respond to other treatments to eliminate the pressure on the spinal cord and nerves.
Surgery for cervical spondylosis may include:
- Removal of herniated discs or bone spurs
- Elimination of affected vertebrae
- Instrumentation of bone grafts
To know more about the procedure, call at +91 9848024699
Why Dr Surya Prakash for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment in Hyderabad?
- Spinal surgery from best pain management expert
- A customised pain management plan for each patient
- Use of most advanced, minimally invasive techniques
- Highest quality care following the surgery
- Personalised and precise treatment plans
- Use of most advanced equipment, and innovative therapies
- Physiotherapy assistance and rehabilitation programs
- Best followup care
What Are The Other Treatments Available For Cervical Spondylosis?
The other treatments available for cervical spondylosis include:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- A soft neck collar
- For spasms, a muscle relaxant
How To Prevent Spondylosis?
- Stay physically active
- Use good posture
- Exercising or playing sports
- Avoid trauma to your neck
What Are The Border Health Impacts of Spondylosis?
The border health aspects of spondylosis include:
- Inflammation of part of the eye
- Swelling of the aortic valve
- Intestinal inflammation
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Tumours
- Failed Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability