Spinal Tumours Treatment in Hyderabad
Dr Surya Prakash is well-qualified spine surgeon in Hyderabad offering surgical treatment for all the degenerative disorders related to the spine such as stenosis, myelopathy, spondylolisthesis, fractures, dislocations, tumours, and infections. He uses the advanced techniques and facilities for conducting spine tumours surgery and aims at restoring the mobility and stability of the spine.
Dr Surya Prakash uses the cutting edge technology and puts wholehearted efforts to treat the patient’s condition, no matter how severe the condition is. He emphasizes all aspects of the spine, ranging from physiotherapy, lifestyle awareness, and surgery. He offers world-class care to achieve excellent surgical outcomes.
To book an instant online appointment. Contact at +91 9848024699
What is Spinal Tumour?
An abnormal masses of tissues forming between the membranes of the spinal cord are termed as spinal tumours. The spinal tumours weaken the bone, causing back pain and affects the nervous system and impairs their function. They can be both cancerous and noncancerous.
The non-cancerous tumours are the tumours that originate in the spine, whereas cancerous or malignant tumours spread from the cancers from other sites of the body such as breast, prostate, lung, and other areas.
Causes of Spinal Tumours
- Viral infections
- Defective genes
- Exposure to certain chemicals and hazardous materials
- Immune system disorders
- Genetic diseases, such as tuberous sclerosis
- Exposure to radiation
Symptoms of Spinal Tumours
- Back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Loss of sensation in the muscles
- Severe pain in other body parts
- Loss of muscle strength
- Loss of stool control
Diagnosis and Testing
During your initial visit, Dr Surya Prakash will conduct a thorough examination and assess your entire medical history and few order few imaging tests such as:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-Scan
- Computed tomography (CT)-Scan
- Cytology (cell studies) of CSF
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) examination
Treatment for Spinal Tumours
Depending upon the diagnosis, Dr Surya Prakash will suggest the appropriate treatment options. However, the type of treatment option depends upon the type of spinal tumour you have, such as osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, chordoma, or Ewing’s sarcoma. The treatment options for spinal tumours include:
- Surgery: Spinal tumour surgery is performed to remove the tumours. Dr Surya Pakash uses the most advanced techniques and eliminates the spine tumours.
- Radiation Therapy: Dr Surya Prakash performs Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) to remove the minor tumours. It is mostly performed after spinal tumour surgery.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is the process of using anti-cancer medications to destroy cancer cells permanently. It is also performed after the surgery.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash for Spinal Tumours Treatment in Hyderabad?
- Surgery from best pain management expert
- A customized pain management plan
- Use of most advanced, minimally invasive techniques
- Highest quality care following the surgery
- Personalized and precise treatment plans
- Use of most advanced equipment, and innovative therapies
- Physical therapy assistance and rehabilitation programs
- Best followup care
Spinal Tumours Treatment FAQs
What Are The Types Of Spine Tumours?
The different types of spine tumours include:
- Intramedullary spinal tumors
- Intradural extramedullary spinal tumors
- Extradural spinal tumors
- Benign tumors
- Malignant tumors
Will, I Be Active, If I Undergo Radiation Therapy?
The radiation therapy used for spinal tumours is external radiation therapy, which does not make you radioactive. External radiation therapy is an outpatient procedure.
What Are The Side Effects of Chemotherapy?
The side effects of chemotherapy include:
- Hair loss
- nausea and vomitings
- Risk of infection
- Bruising and bleeding
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Infections
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Failed Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability