Spinal Trauma Treatment in Hyderabad
Dr Surya Prakash offers comprehensive spine trauma treatment in Hyderabad. He is treating a wide range of spine conditions such as scoliosis, sciatica, kyphosis, spinal tumours, spinal infections, disc herniation, cervical/ lumbar spondylosis, in addition to complex spinal trauma. He provides the state of the art spine surgeries by combining years of experience, expertise, and innovation. He performs the accurate diagnosis and attends to patients with commitment and compassion.
Dr Surya Prakash always strives to deliver the utmost quality and patient care. He is committed to providing the best surgical as well as nonsurgical treatments, which include spinal manipulation, soft tissue therapies, rehabilitation, and physical therapy. He works closely with the nursing team, physicians, and other supporting staff to provide the best medical care for all your spine related problems.
What is Spinal Trauma?
The injuries to the vertebrae and spinal cord are known as spinal trauma. It is a severe condition that can have long-lasting effects on various aspects of your life. The spinal cord injury may result in the loss of sensation as most of the impulses may not be able to get through following the injury.
The spinal cord injuries mostly result from accidents and are most prevalent in women who are above the age of 60 years. Athletes are also highly prone to spinal cord injuries. They are severe or life-threatening conditions as they can affect your overall body in various forms such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, pain, and depression.
Symptoms of Spinal Cord Trauma
- Loss of movement
- Loss of sensation
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
- Pain or an intense stinging sensation
- Exaggerated reflex activities or spasms
- Difficulty breathing
- Coughing or clearing secretions from your lungs
- Changes in sexual function
Causes of Spinal Cord Trauma
The causes of the spine trauma condition for young adults and elderly are including:
- Auto accidents, falls, acts of violence
- Injuries due to sports and recreation
- Inflammation of the spinal cord
Diagnosis and Testing
Spinal cord trauma is a medical emergency. Dr Surya Prakash conducts the diagnosis with careful inspection, and evaluate your functions and movements of your spine. He may ask about the incident and order a few imaging tests such as Computerized tomography (CT) scan, X-rays, and Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Treatment for Spinal Trauma
Based on the diagnosis, Dr Surya Prakash will recommend the appropriate treatment option that fits your condition. The treatment options for spinal trauma include:
- Medications: Medications will be the first priority in the case of acute trauma. However, they should be given immediately after the incident.
- Immobilization: Immobilization helps to stabilise and align your spine.
- Surgery: Surgery is performed to stabilize your spine, to remove bone fragments, herniated disks, and to prevent the pain and deformity.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash For Spinal Trauma Treatment in Hyderabad?
- Surgery from best pain management expert
- A customized pain management plan
- Use of most advanced, minimally invasive techniques
- Highest quality care following the surgery
- Personalized and precise treatment plans
- Use of most advanced equipment, and innovative therapies
- Physical therapy assistance and rehabilitation programs
- Best followup care
Spinal Instability FAQs
In Which Locations Spinal Cord Injuries Can Occur?
Spinal cord injuries are common in the following places:
- Cervical spinal cord
- Thoracic spinal cord
- Lumbar spinal cord
How Do Most Spinal Cord Injuries Occur?
The most spinal cord injuries occur from:
- Traffic accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Sports-related injuries
- Acts of violence
- Medical malpractice
Can Spinal Cord Injury Affect Other Parts Of The Body?
The spinal cord injuries can affect other parts of the body in the following ways:
- Bone loss
- Cardiovascular issues
- Bowel/bladder disorders
- Pressure ulcers
- Muscle atrophy
- Anxiety associated with adjusting to the illness
Are Spinal Cord Injuries Life-threatening?
The spinal cord injuries are life-threatening because they can affect your brain and central nervous system. It can also disrupt the brain from communicating and ultimately damages your body.
What Bodily Changes Will I Notice Following The Trauma?
The following are the few bodily changes which you can expect following the trauma:
- Loss of bladder/bowel control
- Changes in skin sensation
- Impaired circulatory control
- Respiratory system dysfunction
- Loss of muscle tone
- Impaired sexual health
- Mental health problems
Will Spinal Cord Injuries Affect My Respiratory System?
Spinal cord injury survivor loses their mobility, which can have an impact on the lungs, and infect the functions of the respiratory system.
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal infections
- Spinal tumours
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Failed Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability