Spinal Instability Treatment in Hyderabad
Dr Surya Prakash is a renowned spine surgery specialist practicing at Maxcure Hospitals, Hyderabad. Being one among the most recommended spine surgeons in Hyderabad, he always strives to deliver the most appropriate surgical approach for patients suffering from spinal disorders. His compassion and dedication made him a leading spine specialist who can provide both surgical and non-surgical spinal treatments.
With the comprehensive experience in handling the complex spine cases, he performs most straight forward surgeries like discectomy, vertebroplasty, scoliosis, kyphosis, failed back syndrome and spondylolisthesis. He makes all the necessary efforts to minimise the surgical discomforts and ensures a 360-degree healing process.
What is Spinal Instability?
Spinal instability is a term to describe the abnormal movement between the two vertebrae. The spine stabilizing system consists of 3 parts, which include spinal column, spinal muscles, and the neural control unit. It results in back pain and abnormal rotation of the spine and vertebrae.
The spinal cord consists of 26 interlocking bones, and any damage or injury to these bones often results in spinal instability. It also results from weakening of spinal muscles, and ligaments. Lastly, any effect on your muscles, nervous system, and ligaments cause spinal instability.
Causes of Spinal Instability
- A fracture of the spine
- Metastatic spine tumors
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Congenital spinal defects
- Connective tissue Disorders
- Poor lifting techniques
Symptoms of Spinal Instability
- Severe back pain
- Difficulty lifting the objects
- Difficulty bending and straightening the spine
- Pain that radiates down to your neck or legs
- Numbness in the arms
- Pain while laughing, coughing, and sneezing
Testing and Diagnosis
- A detailed assessment of your medical history
- Evaluation of your lifestyle factors
- MRI and CT scan
- X-ray imaging
- Electromyography or nerve conduction velocity testing
Treatment for Spinal Instability
Nonsurgical or conventional treatment is recommended for spinal instability. However, surgery is reserved for individuals suffering from severe spinal instability. The following are the treatment options provided by Dr Surya Prakash for spinal instability.
Spinal fusion: Spinal fusion is a procedure intended to relieve leg pain, neck pain, lower back pain, and arm pain. In spinal fusion procedure, Dr Surya Prakash will make an incision in the area to be fused and joins the two or more of the spinal vertebrae to relieve pain and other associated symptoms.
Spinal instrumentation: Spinal instrumentation is a procedure performed after spinal fusion to fix other instruments that can help in further stabilising the spine.
Kyphoplasty or Vertebroplasty: Dr Surya Prakash recommends Kyphoplasty or vertebroplasty when you have injuries in the vertebral column. In kyphoplasty, a small balloon is inflated to create a space. The created space will be filled with an acrylic mixture which can stabilise the injured vertebrae, whereas, in vertebroplasty, the acrylic mixture is injected into the broken vertebrae.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash for Spinal Instability Treatment in Hyderabad?
- Treatment from the best pain management expert
- A customized pain management plan
- Use of most advanced, minimally invasive techniques
- Highest quality care following the surgery
- Personalized and precise treatment plans
- Use of most advanced equipment, and innovative therapies
- Physical therapy assistance and rehabilitation programs
- Best followup care
Spinal Instability FAQs
What Are The NonSurgical Treatment Options Available For Spine Instability?
The nonsurgical treatment options available for spinal instability include:
- Physical therapy to strengthen core muscles
- Medications/spinal injections
Will You Assist in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation?
Dr Surya Prakash supported by an experienced team of physiotherapists and rehabilitation experts who suggests you with the right exercises that can help you recover fast following the spine stabilisation surgery. They also help you in strengthening your abdominal and spine muscles.
How To Prevent Spine Instability?
- Maintain adequate muscle strength
- Don’t lift heavy objects
- Avoid unnecessary stress on the back
- Adapt proper lifting mechanisms
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal infections
- Spinal tumours
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Failed Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Trauma