Spinal Infections Treatment In Hyderabad
Dr Surya Prakash will provide advanced and surgical treatment for the patients suffering from spine disorders such as scoliosis, kyphosis, cervical myelopathy, sciatica, spine decompression, spinal instability, spinal infections, spinal trauma, and spinal tumours. He not only specialises in minimally invasive spine surgery techniques but also renders the state of the art spine surgery work.
Dr Surya Prakash is the specialist spine surgeon skilled in the management of complicated and complex spinal surgery. Pioneering in the management of complex spinal operations, he employs state-of-the-art technology, modern techniques, and advanced therapies for treating patients and enabling them to lead a pain-free life.
Schedule an Appointment to get the best medical consultation and treatment for all your spine problems.
What Are Spinal Infections?
The infection of discs between the spinal cord and the nearby bones is termed as the spinal cord infection. They mostly result from poor nutrition, weak immune system, cancer, diabetes, and obesity. They are caused by microorganisms and include several conditions such as spondylitis, discitis, spondylodiscitis, and epidural abscess.
The different types of spinal infections include:
- Vertebral osteomyelitis
- Spinal epidural abscess
- Spinal subdural empyema
- Spinal cord abscess
Dr Surya Prakash is happy to discuss with you regarding spinal infections. Book your appointment now!
Causes or Risk Factors For Spinal Infections
- Advanced age
- Intravenous drug use
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Long-term systemic usage of steroids
- Diabetes mellitus
- Organ transplantation
Symptoms of Spine Infections
The symptoms of spine infections include:
- Worsening pain and stiffness
- Decreased range of motion in the spine
- Neck stiffness
- Swelling or redness
- Night pain
- Unexplained weight loss
- Bowel and bladder incontinence
- Severe back pain with limited mobility
- Weakness, or tingling in the arms and legs
Diagnosis of Spine Infections
Dr Surya Prakash uses specialised testing such as X-rays, CT Scans, MRIs, Bone Scans, to confirm spine or disc infections. Also, he conducts blood tests to check the white blood cell count and a C-reactive protein test. Once the diagnosis is confirmed, he will determine the best treatment plan.
Treatment of Spine Infections
Firstly, you will be recommended non-surgical treatment options such as medications and others. The surgery may also be performed to clean the infection area and to stabilise the neurological impairment.
To know more about the treatment for spinal infections, Contact Dr Surya Prakash now.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash for Spine Infections Treatment in Hyderabad?
- Surgery from best pain management expert
- A customized pain management plan
- Use of most advanced, minimally invasive techniques
- Highest quality care following the surgery
- Personalized and precise treatment plans
- Use of most advanced equipment, and innovative therapies
- Physiotherapy assistance and rehabilitation programs
- Best followup care
Lumbar Stenosis Surgery FAQs
What Happens If Spinal Infections Left Untreated?
The untreated spinal infections result in further complications, such as:
- Infection returns
- Long-term (chronic) back pain
- Loss of bladder/bowel control
- Loss of sensation
- Male impotence
- Weakness, paralysis
Is a Spinal Infection Serious?
Spinal infections are severe and can prove life-threatening. If you ignore the symptoms of spine infections, they can significantly damage the nerves in the spine and leads to permanent paralysis.
How To Prevent Spinal Infections?
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Keep your wounds clean, especially near the spine
- Be cautious if you have the infection signs such as redness, pain, tenderness, and swelling
- Stay away from people suffering from spinal infections
- Consider a quick treatment for sinus and bloodstream infections
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal tumours
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Failed Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability