Dr Surya Prakash Rao Voleti
I am an Orthopedic spine surgeon working in the area of spinal surgery over a decade specializing in the surgical mangement of spinal deformity over a decade. I am also trained in the minimally invasive techniques in treating the degenerative and traumatic affections of spine. I am equally competent in the management of all traumatic and non- traumatic conditions in orthopedics, both in children and adults. I have done serious work in the managment of both soft tissue and bony deformites occuring in children.
From a meager 8-10 major spinal reconstructive procedures in 1999, I have Performed more than a 100 major spinal reconstructions in 1996 at NIMS. My work on posterior Hemivertebrectomy in management of neglected congenital scoliosis is well appreciated at the National and International orthopaedic forums. Management of complex trauma, Paediatric orthopaedics and management of neglected limb deformities using Ilizarov system are the other areas of my expertise. As a faculty at Nizam’s Institute of medical sciences I was responsible for the training of 3 postgraduate residents per year . All the students who have passed out are into successful practice rendering state of the art orthopaedic services across India and abroad.To offer better care and to advance my work further I moved from NIMS to Kamineni Wockhardt hospitals , kingkoti Hyderabad in August 2007.
Lower Back Pain / Sciatica<
- Consultant spine surgeon, Spine centre, Wockhardt hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Associate professor Department of Orthopedics, NIMS ,Hyderabad.
- Assistant professor, Department of Orthopedics, NIMS, Hyderabad.
- Senior Resident , Department of Orthpaedics , NIMS ,Hyderabad.
- Senior Registrar, Municipal hospitals , Mumbai.
- August 2007 onwards
- Jan 2003 to July 2007
- Feb 2000-Jan 2003
- July 1997- Jan 2000
- July 1996-July 1997
- AO Fellowship, University of Freiburg, (Germany).
- GICD fellowship in Spine (France).
- SRS (Scoliosis research society ) Scholarship (U.S).
- Jan & Feb 2004
- June and July 2005
- September 2006
- M.S.Orthopaedics Seth GS Medical college and KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- DNB (Orthopaedics) (National Board of examinations, New Delhi.
- Dip (Orthopaedics) (College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai).
- MBBS Javaharalal institute of postgraduate medical research and education (JIPMER) Pondicherry.
- Unusual neglected migrating Tibia Nail. Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol.37, No. 4, 1995.
- Traumatic Transverse Fracture of Sacrum with cauda equina injury-A case report and review of
literature,Vol.44(I)1998,Journal of postgraduate Medicine.
- Segmental fractures of Radius, Ulna & Humerus in the same Upper limb. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 105-
6,Vol34,No2, April 2000.
- Two chapters written in the text book Musculoskeletal system, Imaging & Management” published by NIMS
in Aug 1998 *Paediatric injuries (Pages 103- 111 )*Correction of deformities by Ilizarov method.
(Page 140 –151).
- Evaluation of results of surgical treatment of closed fractures of Patella. Indian journal of rthopaedics , Vol. 38:no2,April 2004,pp 104-106.
- Results of surgically treated acetabular fractures among adults. Clin.Proc.NIMS ,17:2; April 2005(12-16)
- Posterior convex wedge resection in the management of advanced congenital scoliosis due to hemivertebra.
World Spine Journal.2006;1(2):15-19
- International fellow of the SRS (scoliosis research society).
- Indian Orthopedic association (IOA).
- AP Chapter of Indian Orthopedic association.
- Orthopedic Association of south Indian states (OASIS).
- Bombay Orthopedic society (BOS).
- Twin cities Orthopedic society (past executive member).
- Twin cites spine society of Hyderabad (Secretary).
- AO Alumni.
- AO Spine.
- Association of spine surgeons of India (ASSI).
- Peadiatric injuries at Musculoskeletal radiology imaging and management at August 1998 at NIMS.
- Deformity correction using Ilizarov fixator system at CME on Musculoskeletal radiology imaging and management at August 1998 at NIMS.
- Management of Neglected contractures of Lower limb using Ilizarov external fixator at the state chapter of IOA at Vishakapatnam in October 2000.
- ‘Use of Multi-hook segmental instrumentation in the management of idiopathic Scoliosis – a preliminary
- report’ at the state chapter of IOA at Warangal in October 2001, and Oasiscon July 2002.
- Correction of spinal deformities using various instrumentation techniques’ the state chapter of IOA at Kakinada, December 2002.
- ‘Thoracolumbar injuries and their management ‘ at the CME program conducted on Spinal cord injures and their management at NIMS (March 8 2003).
- Role of instrumentation in the management of congenital scoliosis’ state chapter of IOA at Hyderabad September 03.
- ‘Use of Multihook segmental instrumentation in Idiopathic scoliosis – 2 years follow up presented at IOA conference Chennai in December 2003.
- Role of Thoracoplasty in the management of thoracic scoliosis”- presented at A.P State chapter of IOA conference at Vijayavada, October 2004.
- ‘Convex thoracoplasty in the management of thoracic scoliosis ‘ presented at WIROC (Western India regional orthopedic conference at Mumbai November 2004.
- “Segmental instrumentation and fusion in the management of advanced congenital scoliosis” has been presented in the free paper session of ASSI (Association of spine surgeons of India) annual conference held at Banglore on 23.01.2005.
- Thoracoplasty in the management of scoliosis at IGOF (Indo German Orthopaedic foundation conference) at Vishakapatnam March 2005.
- Presented a paper “Management of Early onset scoliosis -Literature review at the Annual combined instructional course lectures of ASSI and Spine Society of Europe held in Mumbai in August 2005.
- ‘Posterior Hemivertebrectomy’- an innovative technique in the management of advanced congenital scoliosis due to hemivertebra- at the state chapter of the state conference of APIOACon in October 2005.
- ‘Posterior convex wedge resection in the management of Advanced congenital scoliosis” at IGOF meetings at Hyderabad and Chennai at November05 and March 06 respectively.
- Presented an e-poster on ‘Posteror only approach in the management of congenital scoliosis” at IMAST (International meeting on advances spinal techniques) at Athens, Greece in July 2006.
- Presented a paper “One stage posterior hemivertebrectomy in the management of congenital scoliosis due to hemivertebra’ in Young Surgeons Forum at the Annual combined instructional course lectures of ASSI and Spine Society of Europe held in Hyderabad on 4th, 5th and 6th of August 2006.
- Presented a paper ‘Pedicle subtraction osteotomy in fixed kyphotic deformities of spine’ at AP State conference and OASIS Conference at Tirupati in September 2006.
- Participated in a debate at the AO Spine Monsoon seminar on September 24 ,2006 at Hyderabad with Dr Paul Verga (AO faculty from Australia) on discectomy alone as a option of Treatment in a young Manual worker with large disc prolapse.
- Attended the conference on spinal deformties at Jabalpur in December 2007 and gave a lecture on the ‘management of congenital scoliosis’ as a part of ‘Operation Straight spine’.
- Attended the ASSICON and the combined instructional course lectures with International society of Lumbar spine conducted at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore 17-20 Jan 2008 as a faculty and delivered a lecture on ‘Insitu fusions to spinal osteotomies in the management of spinal deformities – a personal odyssey’.
Management of Neglected contractures of Lower limb using Ilizarov external fixator -2 years follow-up’ at the OASISCON ,Hyderabad July 2002.
Lectures given and conferences conducted
October 14 2007
Conducted a workshop on Vertebroplasty at the Hotel NKM grand at Hyderabad with the support form Depuy-India.I was the course director and around 40 orthopedic surgeons have attended the meeting which was a grand success.
Participated in the international conference on spinal deformities as faculty and actively took part in the Panel discussions involved in the management of congenital scoliosis,,Kyphotic deformities and neuromuscular scoliosis
September 2-7 ,2007
Attended the SRS annual meeting at Edinbourgh, Scotland
August 6-7 ,2007
Participated in the ASSI-SSE Combined instructional course lectures at Goa as a faculty and conducted the Spinal deformity session
April 29 2007
Delivered a lecture on “ Spinal osteotomy” at the Twin cities spine society meeting at Hyderabad
April 28 2007
Delivered a lecture on “The management of spinal deformities’ at the CME conducted at Vishakapatnam
December 4th 2006
Delivered a lecture on ‘Surgical management of Neuromuscular scoliosis at the Spine CME Programme conducted by Kerala Orhopaedic Association at Lakeshore Hospitals, Cochin.
March 19th 2006
Organized a CME Programme on Spinal Trauma, Infections and Degenerative conditions at the Nizam’s Institute of medical sciences on behalf of the department of Orthopaedics and delivered two lectures
management of Tuberculosis of spine
management of thoracolumbar trauma
Feb 12th 2006
‘Clinical assessment, Causes and Differential diagnosis of lower back Pain’ in the CME for the physiotherapists conducted at Learning center at the Nizam’s Institute of medical sciences
Jan 28th h 2006
Delivered a lecture on the ‘Scoliosis –Evaluation and principles of Management’ at the Hyderabad Orthopedic Medical Education (HOME) Programme conducted by the Dept of Orthopedics, Osmania Medical college.This programme is attended by many postgraduates in and out of Andhra Pradesh
8th October 2004
Delivered a lecture on ‘Spine in Ankylosing Spondylitis -Orthosurgical management at ‘Rheumatology-2004’ National CME on Joint diseases, conducted by Department of Rheumatology ,NIMS.
4th April 2004
‘Fixation of spine in thoracolumbar injuries’ at the auditorium, Gandhi medical college as a part of fracture fixation course conducted by the department of Orthopaedics Gandhi medical college Secundrabad.
17 th October 2003
Conducted workshop and cadaver demonstration on pedicle screw insertion techniques at Osmania medical college as a part of the State conference of the Andhra Pradesh IOA chapter.
24 August 2003
Delivered a lecture on the management of thoracolumbar injuries at the twin cites spine society Hyderabad.
Tongue porchetta chuck sirloin leberkas ribeye tail hamburger
brisket drumstick landjaeger