Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries
Dr Surya Prakash is the leading spine surgeon with international training and two decades of experience in the surgical management of spinal deformities. He always strives to provide world-class treatment for the patients suffering from all the spine-related disorders.
Dr Surya Prakash follows a unique combination of specialized expertise, together with patients to provide them with unparalleled minimally invasive spine surgery. He uses leading-edge diagnostic, imaging technology and facilities to maintain a high level of focus on delivering exceptional patient care at an affordable treatment cost.
What are Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries?
Minimally invasive spine surgery is an endoscopic surgery in which the specialized video cameras and instruments are inserted through incisions. These specialised instruments are used to access your spine and also to perform the operation. Your surgeons may also use different devices such as a fluoroscope, laparoscope, minimally invasive tubular retractor (MITR), and portals, instead of an endoscope.
Minimally invasive spine surgery requires minimal incisions, thus avoids the significant damage to the nearby spine muscles. These surgeries result in lesser pain and recovery period compared to traditional or open spine surgery.
Common Conditions Treated:
Dr Surya Prakash treats the following conditions using Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery:
- Herniated disc
- Spondylolysis (a defect in a part of lower vertebrae)
- Spinal deformities (like scoliosis)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Spinal instability
- Fractured vertebra
- Removal of a tumour in the spine
- Infection in the spine
Who Can Have Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries?
Persons with the following health conditions can have minimally invasive spine surgeries:
- Degenerative disks
- Repair of herniated discs
- Decompression of spinal tumours
- Repair of vertebral compression fractures
- Stabilization of fractures
Preparation For The Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption
- Do regular and recommended exercises
- Stop taking all the over the counter medications. Discuss the current medications you are taking with your surgeon
- Arrange someone who can drive you home
- Intimate your doctor about your reaction to anaesthesia, if any
List of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries
The list of minimally invasive spine surgeries offered by Dr Surya Prakash include:
- Resection of Synovial Cyst
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Tumour Resection
To know more about the minimally invasive spine surgeries call at +91 9848024699
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash For Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries?
- World-class expertise in treating patients with spine disorders
- A surgeon trained from recognized institutes
- Use of minimally invasive techniques
- International standards for treating pain and inflammation
- A tailored treatment plan for each patient
- Excellent quality of care
- Use of cutting edge technology
- Proper hygiene standards
- Best follow-up care
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries: FAQs
What Are The Advantages of MISS (Minimally Invasive Spine surgery)?
The benefits of minimally invasive spine surgeries include:
- Small or invisible scars
- Shorter hospital stay
- Reduced postoperative pain
- Minimal blood loss during surgery
- Reduced risk of infection
- Quicker return to the daily routine
What Is Discectomy?
Discectomy is a minimally invasive spine surgery in which your surgeon removes the herniated or bulging discs to treat a pinched nerve. The surgeon can use either special retractors and a microscope or endoscope for performing the discectomy.
What Is Foraminotomy?
Foraminotomy is a procedure to relieve the symptoms of nerve root compression, pinched roots, or radiculopathies such as pain, numbness, and tingling. This procedure can be used to treat various conditions such as Foraminal stenosis, Herniated disc, nerve root compression, Bone spur, Sciatica, and Radiculopathy.
Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Safe?
Minimally invasive spine surgery is completely safe and effective compared to open surgery because it requires very tiny incisions, which is not the case with open surgery.
Do I Need Second Or Revision Surgery?
In some instances, minimally invasive surgeries get failed. In such cases, your surgeon may ask you for a second trip, which will be fully open technique.
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Tumours
- Failed Back Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability