Micro Lumbar Disc Surgeries in Hyderabad
Dr Surya Prakash is the best spine surgeon with two decades of extensive experience in the surgical management of spinal deformities. He holds a special interest in spine surgery, disc replacement, scoliosis, sciatica, kyphosis, spinal infections, trauma, and tumours. He has performed more than 5000+ spine surgeries, which include micro lumbar disc surgeries, anterior cervical fusion, posterior cervical fusion, and micro lumbar decompression surgeries.
He uses the leading and cutting edge technology for carrying out spine surgeries in Hyderabad. He provides the patients with the utmost care and maintains ethics in meeting the patient’s needs. Dr Surya Prakash is a dedicated spine surgeon with extensive experience in performing complex procedures, and the best suits your budget.
Micro Lumbar Disc Surgeries
The round cushions between your spine bones are the discs. These discs help you to bend without rubbing your bones. When the discs get pushed out from the place, they press on the surrounding nerves and results in pain and discomfort in the back, legs, arms, and spine.
The damaged or herniated discs not only causes pain and irritation but also damages surrounding tissues and nerves. Micro lumbar disc surgeries are the surgical procedures to remove herniated lumbar discs, which causes your spine to compress.
Candidate for Micro Lumbar Disc Surgeries
You are a candidate for micro lumbar disc surgeries if you.
- Have pain disrupting your daily life
- Have numbness, and weakness in the back, legs, arms
- Have uncontrollable bladder or bowel problems
- Have difficulty in walking, and standing
- Have unexplained muscle weakness
- Have burning sensations in the affected area
Diagnosis and Testing
Dr Surya Prakash will conduct few tests as a part of your preoperative assessment. These tests include:
- Physical Tests
- Computed tomography scan (CT or CAT scan)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Electromyogram and Nerve Conduction Studies (EMG/NCS)
Micro Lumbar Disc Surgeries
Once the diagnosis is confirmed, Dr Surya Prakash will determine the best treatment approach and usually starts with nonsurgical or conservational treatment options. When these treatments couldn’t provide you enough relief from the slipped disc pain, he moves on to surgical treatment options, which are as follows.
Discectomy: During a discectomy, the damaged discs are removed to help relieve pressure on the nerves. Depending upon the complexity involved, your surgeon may use either open discectomy or microdiscectomy to remove the damaged discs.
Lumbar Laminotomy: Lumbar laminotomy is a surgical procedure to remove the lamina. Lamina protects the spinal discs, and they are eliminated during the procedure to reach out to herniated discs.
Spinal Fusion: Spinal fusion is performed after discectomy, and laminoplasty to fuse two vertebral discs. Spinal fusion helps in reducing the slipped disc pain and stabilising the spine.
Artificial disc surgery: It is an optional surgery in which your damaged disc is replaced with the artificial discs made of metal or plastic. The artificial discs function as that of your natural discs and keep your spine stable.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash For Micro Lumbar Disc Surgeries in Hyderabad?
- World-class expertise in treating patients with spine disorders
- A surgeon trained from recognized institutes
- Use of minimally invasive techniques
- International standards for treating pain and inflammation
- A tailored treatment plan for each patient
- Excellent quality of care
- Use of cutting edge technology
- Proper hygiene standards
- Best follow-up care
For more information on Micro Lumbar Disc Surgeries, call at: +91 9848024699
Micro Lumbar Disc Surgeries FAQs
How Common Are Slipped Discs?
Slipped discs are prevalent in people who are aged between 35 to 55 years. However, men are highly prone to slipped discs compared to women.
What Are The Risk Factors For Herniated Discs?
The risk factors for herniated discs include:
- Sudden strain
How Can I Prevent Slipped Discs?
To prevent slipped discs, consider the following techniques.
- Never bend or lift with your waist
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid sitting for longer hours
- Consider regular exercises to strengthen your muscles
- Avoid smoking as it is a major cause of degenerative disc disorders
- Avoid putting stress on the lower back
What Are The Complications Associated With Untreated Herniated Discs?
The complications associated with herniated discs include,
- Persistent back or leg pain
- Loss of control or sensation in the legs
Is Physical Therapy Needed?
Yes, physical therapy is a must after the surgery. It helps in improving the strength and flexibility of your spine so that you can return to your daily routine quickly.
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Minimally Invasive Spine surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Tumours
- Failed Back Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability