Micro Lumbar Decompression Surgery in Hyderabad
A leading spine surgeon in Hyderabad, Dr Surya Prakash trained in minimally invasive spine surgery techniques and hold two decades of extensive experience in the management of degenerative and traumatic affections of the spine. He specialises in the management of complex trauma, paediatric orthopaedics and management of neglected spine and limb deformities.
He is a renowned spine deformity specialist working in the area of spine surgery and provides state of the art spine surgeries across Hyderabad, India. Being the leading consultant orthopaedic & spine surgeon in Hyderabad, he seizes the world-class expertise in treating patients with spine disorders.
Micro Lumbar Decompression
The narrowing of the spine or compression of nerve fibres is termed as stenosis of the spine. It is a well-recognised condition that results in a wide range of symptoms such as pain, tingling, and numbness in the spine. Micro lumbar decompression is a minimally invasive procedure to treat spinal canal stenosis.
In micro lumbar decompression surgery, a bone or discs responsible for narrowing of the space are removed to create enough space for nerve roots. It helps relieve pressure on the nerve that leads to pain and discomfort in the lumbar spine. It mainly aims at preventing further deterioration of symptoms.
Common Conditions Treated Using Micro Lumbar Decompression
Dr Surya Prakash uses micro lumbar decompression surgery to treat:
- Spinal stenosis
- A slipped disc and sciatica
- Fracture or the swelling of spine tissues
- Metastatic spinal cord compression
Candidate For Micro Lumbar Decompression Surgery
You will be a candidate for micro lumbar decompression surgery, if
- You are experiencing pain and weakness in your legs
- You have worsening pain which affects your overall quality of life
- You have tried physical therapy and rehabilitation
- You are feeling difficulty in standing and walking
- You have back pain that radiates to your legs
Diagnosis and Testing
Before your operation, you have to attend a preoperative assessment, which includes blood tests, X-rays, MRI, and CT Scan. A thorough health check-up may also be conducted to ensure that you are in good health condition.
Based on the diagnosis, Dr Surya Prakash will determine the best and appropriate treatment approach. He will also discuss the procedure in detail, provides you with pre and post-surgical guidelines, which helps in quicker recovery.
Micro Lumbar Decompression Surgery In Hyderabad
Lumbar decompression surgery can involve any of the following procedure.
- Laminectomy: During a laminectomy, one or more of the vertebrae are removed to create space for nerve roots. The bone spurs and ligaments may also be removed if required.
- Discectomy: Discectomy is a surgical lumbar decompression procedure to remove the intervertebral discs that put pressure on the nerve roots or spinal cord.
- Spinal Fusion: Spinal fusion is a surgical technique to correct two or more vertebrae permanently. It is mostly performed to relieve pain and to stabilise the spine.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash For Micro Lumbar Decompression Surgery in Hyderabad?
- World-class expertise in treating patients with spine disorders
- A surgeon trained from recognized institutes
- Use of minimally invasive techniques
- International standards for treating pain and inflammation
- A tailored treatment plan for each patient
- Excellent quality of care
- Use of cutting edge technology
- Proper hygiene standards
- Best follow-up care
Micro Lumbar Decompression Surgery: FAQs
What Are The Symptoms Of Spinal Decompression?
- Significant pain and weakness in your legs
- Worsening back pain
- Difficulty walking or standing
Will I Be Given Anesthesia?
You will be given anaesthesia to make you unconscious during the procedure. However, the type of anaesthesia depends on your overall health condition and the severity of your case.
How Long Will The Procedure Takes Place?
The procedure usually takes 1 hour to complete. However, the length of the operation depends on the complexity of your condition.
What Will Be My Recovery Period?
Your recovery period depends on your pre-surgical preparation and level of complexity before the surgery. During the recovery period, avoid things such as the lifting of heavy objects, bending, and driving until your surgeon allows you.
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Tumours
- Failed Back Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability