Lumbar Stenosis Surgery
Dr Surya Prakash is a leading spine surgeon offering a comprehensive array of treatments related to the spine disorders. He is a specialist offering world class and extensive spine surgery treatment for the patients suffering from lumbar spinal stenosis with the help of advanced and minimally invasive spine surgery techniques.
Dr Surya Prakash employs the latest equipment while performing spinal surgeries and adapts the most appropriate treatment approach that has been proven effective in various cases. He also conducts the complex spine surgeries and handles the complex cases by making the accurate diagnosis and providing effective stenosis treatment.
Make an Appointment now to discuss your case with Dr Surya Prakash, Best Spine Surgeon in Hyderabad.
Lumbar Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a condition in which the space for the spinal cord or nerves gets narrowed and results in spine decompression. It mostly occurs in the lower back and neck, and results from physical wear and tear of the spine bones called osteoarthritis.
The stenosis is categorised into two types, which include cervical stenosis (narrowing occurs in part of the spine and neck), and lumbar stenosis (narrowing occurs in part of the spine and lower back). Lumbar stenosis surgery is performed to widen the space for the spinal cord or nerves.
Causes of Spinal Stenosis
The causes of spinal stenosis include:
- Overgrowth of spine
- Herniated disks
- Thickened ligaments
- Spinal injuries
Symptoms of Spinal Stenosis
In most cases, spinal stenosis does not exhibit any symptoms and makes the diagnosis difficult for your physician. However, when the narrowing of space affects the nerves, you may experience symptoms such as:
- Numbness or pricking sensation in a hand, arm, foot or leg
- Weakness in a hand, arm, foot or leg
- Problems with walking and balance
- Neck pain
- Bowel or bladder dysfunction
- Back pain
Candidate For Lumbar Stenosis Surgery
You are a candidate for lumbar stenosis surgery if you have:
- Limited daily activities due to back and neck pain
- Pain that is impairing the overall quality of life
- Loss of bowel and bladder functions
- Difficulty standing or walking
- All conservational treatments have proven ineffective
- Have reasonably good health
Diagnosis and Testing
- Assessment of symptoms
- Evaluation of medical history
- CT scan or CAT scan
Treatment for Lumbar Stenosis
Based on the diagnosis, you will be provided with the appropriate treatment options, which may include:
Laminectomy:Laminectomy is a standard procedure in which your surgeon removes the additional bone spurs and ligaments that are compressing the spinal nerves are eliminated using small incisions.
Spinal Fusion: Spinal fusion is performed aside with laminectomy. In this procedure, the vertebrae joints are joined together to reduce your spine movement. In the spine fusion, your surgeon may use either metal screws, rods, or other hardware while joining your vertebrae.
Foraminotomy: Foraminotomy is a surgical procedure to expand the vertebrae where the nerve roots branch out to the rest of your body.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash For Lumbar Spine Stenosis Treatment in Hyderabad?
- Surgery from best pain management expert
- A customized pain management plan
- Use of most advanced, minimally invasive techniques
- Highest quality care following the surgery
- Personalized and precise treatment plans
- Use of most advanced equipment, and innovative therapies
- Physical therapy assistance and rehabilitation programs
- Best followup care
Lumbar Stenosis Surgery FAQs
What Are The Alternatives Available For Lumbar Stenosis Surgery?
The alternatives available for Lumbar Stenosis Surgery include:
- NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Analgesics such as acetaminophen
- Corticosteroid injections
- Anesthetic injections
- Physical therapy
- Spinal cord nerve stimulation
- Lumbar brace
Who Are Highly Prone To Lumbar Spinal Stenosis?
The following are the individuals highly prone to Lumbar Stenosis Surgery:
- Individuals suffering from a spinal injury
- Youth born with a narrow spinal canal
- Men and women over the age of 50
What Are The Natural Treatment Options For Lumbar Spinal Stenosis?
The natural treatment options available to treat lumbar spinal stenosis are chiropractic and physical therapy sessions.
When Is Lumbar Stenosis Surgery Is Recommended?
Dr Surya Prakash recommends lumbar stenosis surgery when you have unmanageable pain and weakness. You have tried all the conversational treatments which have proven ineffective and experiencing sudden changes in your ability to walk.
What Are the Other Surgeries Performed by Dr Surya Prakash?
- Anterior cervical fusion
- Posterior cervical fusion
- Cervical Myelopathy
- SCOLIOSIS correction
- KYPHOSIS correction
- Micro Lumbar disc surgeries
- Lumbar Stenosis surgery
- Micro Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal infections
- Spinal tumours
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Failed Back Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Neurological Deficits
- Spinal Instability