Failed Back Surgery in Hyderabad
Dr Surya Prakash is a renowned and most recommended spine surgeon in India, offering world-class treatment and care for patients suffering from spine and related disorders. He treats every individual with the utmost care and always tries to reach out to the underlying cause behind the spine problems.
He is a consultant spine specialist in India, extremely experienced in advanced and minimally invasive spine surgery. He offers comprehensive and effective solutions for all spine problems, including sciatica, scoliosis, kyphosis, and many more. He uses personalized treatment plans depending upon the visible cause of failed back surgery syndrome.
What Is Failed Back Surgery?
When your back surgery cannot yield the anticipated results and affects the nerves and causes the pain, then it is referred to as failed back surgery syndrome (FBS) or post-laminectomy syndrome. It results in a variety of issues, complications, and painful symptoms such as pain and inflammation after the surgery.
Generally, the patients with few health conditions such as diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and peripheral artery disease are at the risk of failed back surgery syndrome. Besides, smoking and other lifestyle factors also contribute to the failure of spine surgery.
Causes of Failed Back Surgery:
- Infection of scar tissues
- Surgical errors
- The improper fusing of the spine
- Failure of a spinal implants
- Infection surrond of a implants
- Recurrence of disc herniation
- Unnecessary surgery
- Patient’s medical conditions
- Incorrect diagnosis
- Other complications of spine surgery
Symptoms of Failed Back Pain:
- Persistent back pain even after the surgery
- Restricted spine mobility
- Delayed recovery
- Additional spine conditions
Complications Of Failed Back Surgery
- Persistent pain
- Blood clots, for instance in your legs or lungs
- Heart attack
- Nerve damage
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
Diagnosis and Testing:
As a part of the diagnosis, Dr Surya Prakash will conduct a thorough examination and observes the affected regions using state of the art diagnostic tools. He will also assess patients medical and physical health conditions that may have an impact on spine surgery. He will determine the therapeutic options available.
The diagnostic tools used include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Bone scans
Before recommending surgery for your failed back surgery syndrome, Dr Surya Prakash always recommends nonsurgical treatment options such as medications, physical therapy, and additional exercises to restore your spine mobility. When these conservative treatments failed to provide enough relief, he will advise on second spine surgery or revision spine surgery.
Why Choose Dr Surya Prakash for Failed Back Surgery in Hyderabad?
- Expert spine specialist in India for failed back surgeries
- A customised pain management plan for each patient
- Use of most advanced, minimally invasive techniques
- Highest quality care following the surgery
- Personalised and precise treatment plans
- Use of most advanced equipment, and innovative therapies
- Physiotherapy assistance and rehabilitation programs
- Best followup care
FAILED BACK SURGERY IN HYDERABAD – FAQS
What Are The Treatment Options Available to Failed Back Surgery?
The various treatment options available to failed back surgery include:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medications
- Physical therapy
- Microcurrent electrical neuromuscular stimulator
- Nerve blocks
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Membrane stabilisers
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Implantable pumps
What Are The Procedures Frequently Associated With Failed Back Surgery?
The procedures frequently associated with FBSS include:
- Spinal Fusion
Is FBSS Really A Result of Failed Procedure?
No, FBSS refers to the recurrent or persistent occurrence of symptoms even after the spine surgery. But, when the symptoms get worse than before, then it is termed as a failed spinal procedure.
Will I Need Additional Surgery?
Not all FBSS need additional surgery. It depends upon your symptoms, health conditions and your body responds.